Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cruizin For Charity 2008 Car Show - River Valley Cruisers

This past weekend, your author took a trip up to Newaygo, Michigan to visit with his daughter and son-in-law. While there - sans my Mustang - we took in the sights. The River Valley Cruisers were putting on a car show at the Dairy Queen and Super Care Quick Lube & Car Wash just outside of beautiful Downtown Newaygo.

This, my friends, was a great show. I saw some amazing cars - paint jobs that were out of this world. The only thing I can say is, the North is full of excellent paint shops, as the colors, brightness and shimmer these cars had was out of this world.

I spoke to the M.C., Jim Mieras, and he said they had a count of about 100 cars, but I do believe there were more than that. In fact, I will have to do two or three posts just to get them all in.

Profits were to be donated to: Love Inc. in Newaygo, Newaygo County Community Food Bank, Alpha Family Center and Newaygo county Hospice.

Also going on: Newaygo Resurrection Life Church put on "The Big Event" on Friday and Saturday. Friday was a day for the kids with inflatable bounce, slide and run type thingies, a pig roast, horse back rides, and a live band (Cross Country) later in the evening. Saturday at the Newaygo park, feats of strength were demonstrated by The Conquerors, a group of strongmen and women who bend steel with their bare hands, leap tall buildings at a single bound....oh no! that was Superman! But this team was tremendous! Also an auction where yours truly tried to bid on a Nextel Jacket that had autographs of Jeff Gordon and, yes, Dale Sr. just before Dale died at Daytona. If they only took credit cards I would have won. Darn! The winner, at only $105.00 was very happy. I guess so. Also good eats and lots of fun. A horse was auctioned and the winner got it for only $200! Honey, I went to the fair and bought a horse for $200. Where can I put her?

Funds raised here went to Newaygo County First Responders. I also lost on the raffle to win a 75 Corvette Stingray donated by pastor Paul of Resurrection Life Church.





























My thanks to Jim Mieras and all the great people of River Valley Cruisers who put on an excellent show! I have never seen so many door prizes and raffle prizes. This means there is great support in the community for Classic Cars. Next year I will have to bring up the Mustang just to win some door prizes!!!

I will probably have to do two more posts to show all of the cars. Stay tuned! Again, to the owners of the beautiful cars that did not get their pictures here, I am sorry, but space only allows such a few to be shown. Maybe next show.

To comment on this blog, use the "comments" button just below. You may also write to me at msipect2(at)yahoo(dot)com. I always love to hear from my car friends!

Mustang Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment